Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Mixilplix said:

Good Read... (i was a terrible rollerblader back in my younger days :) ..) 

Has anyone looked at the Summerboard?  it looks like a great way to keep in 'shape' for snowboarding during the summer?  I'm interested, but finding it hard to justify paying 2500+

(1) The 2020 Summerboard // How it Works - YouTube

On 5/30/2021 at 7:06 AM, mbike-ski said:

On closing day a guy let me try his one wheel around the lot - such a blast!

One of my FB friends has one and cruises at 21mph...I saw that guy in the lot a few times riding it. I even believe Matt Edge approached him and had about eleventeen questions for him. 

On 5/30/2021 at 6:20 AM, pcklein31 said:

Good Read... (i was a terrible rollerblader back in my younger days :) ..) 

Has anyone looked at the Summerboard?  it looks like a great way to keep in 'shape' for snowboarding during the summer?  I'm interested, but finding it hard to justify paying 2500+

(1) The 2020 Summerboard // How it Works - YouTube

That’s rad...when I was a teenager I liked rollerblading down hills..I started with Veraflex blades and then had Zetra blades for hockey and jumping off shit and macroblades for going fast and going down hills...the four steps on the walkway in front of my house I jumped so many times..I got like three feet of air. 

• 9 months later...

I just gave notice at my job … and have a new gig starting on Monday, April 25th

important life question …. Considering a spontaneous trip.

where should I go?

(1) New Orleans and hope that Villanova makes it to the championship?

I have an epic pass so that gives me some options like:

(2) park city? - never fully skied it

(3) Stowe - never skied it

(4) Colorado and connect with my brother and some old friends.. skiing like Vail, Beaver and Crested Butte?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I just gave notice at my job … and have a new gig starting on Monday, April 25th

where should I go?

(4) Colorado and connect with my brother and some old friends.. skiing like Vail, Beaver and Crested Butte?

You can watch what ever sporting event Villanova might get into on TV.  Cant go skiing on TV. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, skiincy said:

where should I go?

Colorado falalalala crested butte closes april 3rd FYI 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

You should probably look into closing dates before deciding. If it's a long weekend before you start the new job, stowe very well might not be open then. Same deal with any of the places out west due to potential forest service leases and/or animal migrations. Spring skiing is awesome, but conditions might also be complete trash.

New Orleans is a super fun city, NCAA tournament aside. Happy to give recs if that's the route you go. I've been many times due to family there, but I won't pollute this thread til you say you want the info hah

• Like 1

I just booked my Colorado trip April 12th-19th.  It just about always snows during that time period. Stowe is hit or miss in April, it can be a complete washout with a lot of terrain closed or rare pow days.  I haven’t skied park city but I’ve heard that it melts out quick in the early spring.  I think I’m hitting Copper, Loveland, Abasin and Winter Park.  Matt Edge is gonna be at Breck then.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 5:31 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just booked my Colorado trip April 12th-19th.  It just about always snows during that time period. Stowe is hit or miss in April, it can be a complete washout with a lot of terrain closed or rare pow days.  I haven’t skied park city but I’ve heard that it melts out quick in the early spring.  I think I’m hitting Copper, Loveland, Abasin and Winter Park.  Matt Edge is gonna be at Breck then.  

Be sure to write a report!!

• Thanks 1