2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

Don't know if this has been brought up ... but what is the PASR comfort level in terms of lift riding, especially double chair lift riding?  I feel like masked up double chair riding, given the speed at which you are moving, is reasonably safe, but I know that some see the lift as a mask reprieve.  Just curious on what everyone is thinking ....

Just now, AtomicSkier said:

Don't know if this has been brought up ... but what is the PASR comfort level in terms of lift riding, especially double chair lift riding?  I feel like masked up double chair riding, given the speed at which you are moving, is reasonably safe, but I know that some see the lift as a mask reprieve.  Just curious on what everyone is thinking ....

If you're comfortable riding with me, I'm good with you.  Goes for anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Lift is a mask reprieve for me so prob ride single mostly unless it’s somebody cool like johnny law.  I haven’t been smack next to somebody except hairdresser in months so don’t know my comfort level.  I’ll play it by ear.  If a random person wants to ride with me absolutely not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So chat person said 9am opening on Saturday and Sunday?  Blue hasn’t announced anything just Friday hours of 9-9

dunno, i mean their actual site still says tentative opening so god knows when or from what channel those details will come out. that's what he told me though. 

tix also available to purchase for sat/sun.

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

I would agree with this.  the amount of time i spend at work wearing a mask, is nothing compared to the amount of time i would spend any given day wearing a mask in line or on the lift.  I havent tested out my Covid equipment with my googles yet, but the only time i see the need for myself to lower my mask is when im actually skiing to avoid the fogging of the googles.  my theory is, there is a light at the end of the tunnel to this year long nightmare, and im not going to put myself or anyone else at further risk, just because i am "sick of it".  

I think mostly everyone here makes good decisions.  

The funny thing is, i mean sometimes ski boots arent the most comfortable things to wear, but we put up with them in order to ski.  Mask just isnt that big of a deal.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

As long as we are masked up it really shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with 7 on the 6pack though. Maybe @JFskiDanhas some thoughts.

One of these days, fucker, when i do exact my revenge on those who wronged me, you guys are gonna be hella upset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3