2/10/22...It felt like springtime on this February morning..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I left at about 8:06 when they shut the 6 pack down. I ran Razors even though there was a stupid "rAcE tRaInInG iN pRoGrEsS" sign despite not seeing a single person on it all night. Boy, did Razors suck the big one tonight.  0 stars out of 10.  Wao!

I do agree. You can't close the trail off completely and say full open. I was annoyed by that too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I do agree. You can't close the trail off completely and say full open. I was annoyed by that too.

They’re claiming full open and 40 trails and you can’t even access that little Pioneer Pass trail I talked about last week, so . . . 

Pops and I skied by it last weekend for giggles after getting to Widow and seeing an actual closed sign. Giant canyon between Vista and the “entrance” and a Closed sign between two of the zip line support polls, lol

• Sad 1

Unless it’s roped off, or a closed for racing sign, I’d consider it open. I think they post RIP cause there are ramps with poles. I asked a patroller when the sign first went up and he said it was ok to run it. As long as you don’t drink a beer while on the slope. [emoji23]
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

At least you didn’t poach it to find out it’s the worst conditions on the mountain 😂

I felt like a total badass and was looking behind me for the ski patrol cops. I was ready to hightail it out of there and drive my Sonic in my ski boots on to avoid having to watch a safety video on why I shouldn't poach a ski trail that's closed for the invisible race team.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

They’re claiming full open and 40 trails and you can’t even access that little Pioneer Pass trail I talked about last week, so . . . 

Pops and I skied by it last weekend for giggles after getting to Widow and seeing an actual closed sign. Giant canyon between Vista and the “entrance” and a Closed sign between two of the zip line support polls, lol

Maybe Pioneer Pass is just hike to terrain  now. Blue is stepping their game up in that case. Exclusive earn your turns trails are a feather in the cap Palmerton's top tier resort. 

Looks like I’m out for at least four weeks. Tried to do too tight of a turn going too fast on the big left-hander on sidewinder, skidded out and wound up just off the trail on my back. Cracked rib and several cracked transverse processes in my lower back, no real therapy needed just time to heal. Cat scan and back brace. Good season while it lasted, sucks to get old. See you next year.

ad1466274b4e0235f3977173e9982dfe.jpg

• Sad 9

3 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Looks like I’m out for at least four weeks. Tried to do too tight of a turn going too fast on the big left-hander on sidewinder, skidded out and wound up just off the trail on my back. Cracked rib and several cracked transverse processes in my lower back, no real therapy needed just time to heal. Cat scan and back brace. Good season while it lasted, sucks to get old. See you next year.

Wish you all the best in recovery. 

10 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Sheesh +++++VIBES+++++ to you...you might be good for your spring trip out west.  

5 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Vibes dude ++++++ You'll be back killing it before no time and you've already skied more than most do in 2 seasons. 

• Like 1