Weekend Roll call thread 12/2-12/3…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Its almost another Blue mountain ski season and I might be a bit premature posting this but Blue is anticipating opening Saturday..is anybody planning on skiing opening day/weekend?  I’m stoked for bottom lot for opening again..I remember the days we weren’t down there until almost Boxing Day which is when the Xmas cookies make an appearance.  It’s beginning to look a lot like ski season.  I’ll be there but haven’t skied in like 8 months so might wanna start off on some blues and greens before tackling the steeps.  Ski some of y’all this weekend!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

This will be my first opening day since like 2012 or around there!!

Damn I’m not making you a banner lol the question is which lift to start with on Saturday.  If you want to get on coming soon which they call Freefall you need to take the quad could also take the six..don’t know if the new six is running but save that for when I wanna explore the offerings of west siieeed!!

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Damn I’m not making you a banner lol the question is which lift to start with on Saturday.  If you want to get on coming soon which they call Freefall you need to take the quad could also take the six..don’t know if the new six is running but save that for when I wanna explore the offerings of west siieeed!!

I will be taking the Main Street 6 if available to see what they may or may not have done on Come Around.  They teased on the Blue Mountain Parks insta page today the cat hauling festures up to that area.  After that I will probably take my 2nd run up the quad to check out the nile mile if it's open!!

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I might get killed if I come up for Saturday. The wife scheduled Thing 2's birthday party at Skyzone for Saturday morning, and I have a feeling it'll be a bad time for me if I tell her I'm going skiing that morning. 

So, see you guys Saturday.

I genuinely LOLed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I might get killed if I come up for Saturday. The wife scheduled Thing 2's birthday party at Skyzone for Saturday morning, and I have a feeling it'll be a bad time for me if I tell her I'm going skiing that morning. 

ded

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Your wife will support your decision because you’re engaging in a healthy activity.  Not like you’re just going out drinking with your buddies lol

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what time they open.  Years ago they didn’t open until 10am opening day but 9am is more common.  They usually seem to open on a Friday as well.  If it’s the normal 8am start Saturday will be good but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a later opening to iron out some of the bugs..only time will tell.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Will be interesting to see what time they open.  Years ago they didn’t open until 10am opening day but 9am is more common.  They usually seem to open on a Friday as well.  If it’s the normal 8am start Saturday will be good but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a later opening to iron out some of the bugs..only time will tell.  

Opening time will be a big factor for me. If they do for some reason open at 8, I'll be up for open for a few laps before I have to run to watch kids jump on trampolines. If it's 9 or later as I expect it will be an early afternoon session for me.