January 7

zzslope

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You’re macking with Cheryl. Lol

They were willing to give me 50. I told them I just wanted a public apology. I did manage to get a mgrs email which I will be sending a msg to tomorrow. 

It took a second agent for that. 99pct sure Cheryl was a bot or a mix of human/bot

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m not reading all the nasty google reviews from today at Blue and seems like many were visiting Blue for their first time ever today. Some were like screw Blue, next time I’m skiing camelback.  

The poconos in general are a shitshow. Closest mountain outside of the pocono circus is elk. 

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The poconos in general are a shitshow. Closest mountain outside of the pocono circus is elk. 

Which from what i read was also a shit show. 

Preliminary reports are that montage and greek are not getting angry FB posts. Day aint over yet though. 

saw some ugly pics from JF and huntah. 

8 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

They opened Razors ungroomed? Lolol

Saw one person poach Widowmaker and face planted pretty hard. Not enough snow for that Tomfoolery

IMG_3526.jpeg

Wow. Of all the things they could have done to help with the shit show today I wouldn't have guessed this in a million years 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

They opened Razors ungroomed? Lolol

Saw one person poach Widowmaker and face planted pretty hard. Not enough snow for that Tomfoolery

IMG_3526.jpeg

I saw posts about it, but didnt know if it was poaching or even legit. I would think that would be a little sketchy. That seems like a move in desperation to try to salvage some other short comings from today. 

• Like 2

We couldn’t believe people were coming down Razors without it being groomed.  We were sure they were just end of session ticket holders saying screw it for the ridiculous liftlines, but then heard they opened it.

There were also people coming down Falls too but didn’t hear that it had been officially opened?

Mucho props to @enjoralas for a wonderful smorgasbord of meats,  and pop-up canopy and to all others for the jocularity in the lot to make up for the total lack of skiing today!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 3

Well, this all sounds terrible.

We drove to Belleayre, and the drive utterly sucked.  Was going fine - normal snow delays, like 20minutes behind on a 2:45 drive....then 2 miles from the access road, we waited an hour due to a tough accident.  

They were parking people in lots I didn't know existed when we made the turn.  Never seen so many cars....

We found a spot at the upper lodge access road with about a mile hike to the Tomahawk. 

Despite the crazy crowds, the hawk and lift 7 were under ten minutes all day.  the quad and gondi were absurd.  

I pulled the plug early because of the long drive in, but all in all, a good day.  

Sorry Blue was the suck...hope this storm tues. doesn't blow everything up and make us start over...EC skiing is tough these days...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did Blue even set up ropes in the lift lines to funnel people so it’s not one giant free for all?  

Blue put up ropes on near the ski patrol shack for the new 6 around 10:30/11.

——

The morning started like this in Cherryville. Lots of traffic.

IMG_5453.thumb.jpeg.1aea238bb2e6e9861baa183540928f36.jpeg

I took the new 6 (going far right) and each solo lap took about 25-30 min. I was solo most of the day and trying to fill in the chairs 

lots of people I chatted with were ikon or day pass people. But @Benmwas fav line buddy of the day 

IMG_5454.thumb.jpeg.029cc347a9dcf97bb9f94039dd08beac.jpeg

quad opened around 10/10:30. I snapped this photo around 10:45 on lazy mile. Slopes were a good time
IMG_5458.thumb.jpeg.f95aed4ee0ac7765ca278159f787ee05.jpeg

@enjoralas killed it in the lot. The steak sandwich was amazing

Although…blue mountain management, 0 stars

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

Barb must be laughing her ass off.

Was thinking that sheesh they might have had to call Barb into the Situation room.   I wonder what her consulting rate is. Don’t be surprised if a couple more runs named Barb are on the map next season.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich