New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

46 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow those are some nice skis. 

I was about his age when I got my first pair of my own skis and didn't have to rent anymore.  Figured a nice pair would have some resale value in a couple years when he outgrows them.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I was about his age when I got my first pair of my own skis and didn't have to rent anymore.  Figured a nice pair would have some resale value in a couple years when he outgrows them.  

For sure…I rented skis in 6th and 7th grade, not seasonal rentals like having to go to the rental shop every ski day. 8th grade I had my pick of my cousins old skis and grabbed a pair of K2 170 length skis and did a seasonal rental on boots.  At the ski shop, Nazareth sporting goods the guy said the skis were antiquated and my dad said he was just trying to get us to buy new skis.  Then the next season in 9th grade I bought brand new skis from Nestor’s which no longer exists.  It was replaced by a store called Buckmans 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Carson Wildcat ?

Those are cool af, real wood core and construction as full size. Everyone remembers there first pair of skis and you just made some great memories for him. 

Yep, Carson Wildcats!  Now just need to take him skiing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my helmet purchase- I had bought the Atomic Savor HD helmet and now have 8 days with it, mix of sun, flat light and days with both conditions. Highly recommend it! If you wear glasses it eliminates the whole foggy glasses issue, eliminates foggy goggle issue too. Wife has the photochromatic lenses and loves them. May be slightly more versatile. My lenses are the HD lens and seems to be sufficient. A bit pricy, but if you need both a new helmet and good goggles it is worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Anyone got any deets on the 110 sender free ? 

Lots and lots and lots of chatter thats it's super hot shit but while I have liked a bunch of rossi skis in the past nothing super stands out.  

what do you need to know, i can find out.

3 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Never Summer Harpoon...excited to try this out.  I love my other Never Summer board, this is supposed to be a better all mountain board.  I'll experiment with bindings hopefully this week.

20230226_162204.jpg

20230226_162214.jpg

Love the shape. Gonna come in handy for some of your up north powder days.  

Edited by antman12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Never Summer Harpoon...excited to try this out.  I love my other Never Summer board, this is supposed to be a better all mountain board.  I'll experiment with bindings hopefully this week.

20230226_162204.jpg

20230226_162214.jpg

Did realize you were a fellow knuckledragger!

• Like 2

Has anyone ever had an issue with the Boa in their boots? The lower laces on my right boot would not release yesterday when I got off the snow. Some of you might have seen me struggling to get it off when I got back to the lot. I immediately hopped on the BOA website which goes through a lot of questions and then sends you a kit to fix it but I'm not sure what to expect from that process. 

I hope it's relatively easy to fix. 

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Has anyone ever had an issue with the Boa in their boots? The lower laces on my right boot would not release yesterday when I got off the snow. Some of you might have seen me struggling to get it off when I got back to the lot. I immediately hopped on the BOA website which goes through a lot of questions and then sends you a kit to fix it but I'm not sure what to expect from that process. 

When I snowboarded I had Boa boots and hated them. I would crank them down and the wire would get bent so they couldn't release. Was always hoping they moved away from metal wire. This was also 15+ years ago so not sure if your system is different.

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I had an issue with the lace on mine shredding.  Burton uses a lace as opposed to metal...seems really tough to thread the lace back through but hopefully it'll be easier for you to fix with wire (assuming that's what you have).  I never fixed mine since the boots were older and not worth the effort