the pics from today thread

Justin

Yes, they were pretty nice! Boot deep snow, nicely spaced trees on a mellow pitch. It was funny becase earlier in the day we were skiing the black forest trees (PCMR) which are a bit steeper and thicker, and it was tough to find a decent line of untouched snow over there. This area of the 10th mountain trees is visable from the McConkey's lift and didn't see nearly the same level of traffic. It worked out well for us as we skied these trees until last chair.

Sib where are all the people???

I don't want no stinking people on my trails.

Actually, there is a small dot in the distance that is a skier.

From what I hear, the hordes are going to be there this weekend. They are saying it will be worse than Christmas. And...wouldn't you know...it's supposed to snow Saturday and Sunday. Here I was planning on staying home for the three day weekend. Might have to skim the cream by getting a few runs in before 11 each day.

Edited by sibhusky
  • Like 1

Too late, they are HERE!!! Today was like a Saturday, so writing off the next three days. It will still be crowded on Tuesday because of all the Canadians, but not as bad as this weekend is going to be.

Maybe the snow will keep crowds down. How early do you have to lineup on a powder day for

first chair?

I don't line up for Chair 1 if the corrals are full, I head to Chair 2 and ski and let all the "first tracks" nuts up there and then I head up. I'd rather be skiing than waiting. There's 3000 acres here, I can wait until the nuts get settled down.

I guess there's a beer thread, but oh well, gotta say that I've been loving the Oskar Blues beers all around. Ten Fidy and G'Knight are the 2 best in my opinion, and they come in cans for easy bring along to the slopes, camping, etc. I get 'em at whole foods. I'll bring some if I'm at blue this weekend.

• Like 1

Hadn't planned to go today due to holiday crowds (supposedly 7000 last two days, which is about the highest number we get), but it's just been snowing and snowing so I had to do some sampling.

Skiing with Siblet on Gray's Golf Course:

GraysFeb12.jpg

Good Medicine:

GoodMedFeb12.jpg

• Like 2