Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

I heard Windham has a members only club now.... my first question is does it come with one of those jackets from the 80's but second presuming it's some kind of loot who wants to spend loot to be a member at Windham ? 

That's like being a member at Arby's though on second thought that would be funny.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I heard Windham has a members only club now.... my first question is does it come with one of those jackets from the 80's but second presuming it's some kind of loot who wants to spend loot to be a member at Windham ? 

That's like being a member at Arby's though on second thought that would be funny.

Here’s info on this.  

https://www.powder.com/trending-news/windham-mountain-club

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Still a little too early to tell, but it looks like the weather pattern changes for the better around the end of the month.  We should start seeing New England resorts open the first week of November.  If the forecast holds, Killington has a very small outside chance of hitting an October 31 opening.  I’m sure they’d love that for their PR.

50 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Still a little too early to tell, but it looks like the weather pattern changes for the better around the end of the month.  We should start seeing New England resorts open the first week of November.  If the forecast holds, Killington has a very small outside chance of hitting an October 31 opening.  I’m sure they’d love that for their PR.

Are you still patrolling at Sugarbush?

Has anyone ever heard of Hok skis?  I just had breakfast with some of the local women of Marble and this seems to be the preferred winter activity. They are a fat, short ski with a built in skin. You also ski downhill with the skin. These ladies get together and do this several days per week. I asked if I could just use my touring skis with skins snd rip them as usual for the downhill. I was met with some strange looks. Lol. It looks like you don’t really do a ski “tour” per se, more like some hilly XC tracks. 

https://us-store.altaiskis.com/product/hok-skis-with-universal-pivot-bindings-copy/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barb said:

Has anyone ever heard of Hok skis?  I just had breakfast with some of the local women of Marble and this seems to be the preferred winter activity. They are a fat, short ski with a built in skin. You also ski downhill with the skin. These ladies get together and do this several days per week. I asked if I could just use my touring skis with skins snd rip them as usual for the downhill. I was met with some strange looks. Lol. It looks like you don’t really do a ski “tour” per se, more like some hilly XC tracks. 

https://us-store.altaiskis.com/product/hok-skis-with-universal-pivot-bindings-copy/

This is cool!  You need to get one of those "Tiak" poles if you want to show these ladies you are legit.  

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:50 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you still patrolling at Sugarbush?

Looks like this will be the first year I haven’t patrolled in 12 years.  At the very least I’m taking a 1 year hiatus.  There’s just too much going on for me to give 22 days for work in VT and still free ski.  I can afford the pass, so I’m buying one.  I’ll miss the camaraderie, but there’s always next year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Looks like this will be the first year I haven’t patrolled in 12 years.  At the very least I’m taking a 1 year hiatus.  There’s just too much going on for me to give 22 days for work in VT and still free ski.  I can afford the pass, so I’m buying one.  I’ll miss the camaraderie, but there’s always next year.

Do you ski now?

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you ski now?

I guess I could say “free ride”, but free ski is generally an interchangeable term.  I did try again a couple years ago.  I’d love to do it, but it’s a lot of work changing disciplines at this point…