January 7

zzslope

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I didn’t see many paying for parking yesterday. 

We were talking with a girl in the row who said that the parking gate was open and they weren’t charging.  Didn’t fact check her though.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tnt temp said:

The gates should be closer to the loading area, and an attendant should be pairing up the six outside the gate and sending them through as a group of 6.

Singles line that goes right to the cattle shoots to fill chairs. Just saved them a $7.50/hour employee for the rest of the season.

Has management never skied at a resort that fills chairs without paying someone to do it? KSL owns 17 resorts and can’t figure this out

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We were talking with a girl in the row who said that the parking gate was open and they weren’t charging.  Didn’t fact check her though.

Saw the gate sticking straight up in the air but looked like no one was parked in it

Slow start and a new lift to pay for prolly has share holders grumbling....Made some bank Sunday....They will do some small things to appease the masses and this day will be forgotten in a few weeks .....But yea hopefully they have learned a few things...

• Like 1

Yesterday was a bad day for Blue.  They pissed everyone off and made many mistakes.  Today they clearly made a hard effort to make up for that.  Even park crew did an incredible job today filling in the bomb holes and they would close 4 or 5 features at once to refresh it all at once with a crew member or two at each.  Very impressed, stoke market is back on the rise!!

southpark_deadhorse.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Yesterday was a bad day for Blue.  They pissed everyone off and made many mistakes.  Today they clearly made a hard effort to make up for that.  Even park crew did an incredible job today filling in the bomb holes and they would close 4 or 5 features at once to refresh it all at once with a crew member or two at each.  Very impressed, stoke market is back on the rise!!

southpark_deadhorse.png

I don't want to read people having fun, I want to read about people complaining!

• Love 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Has management never skied at a resort that fills chairs without paying someone to do it? KSL owns 17 resorts and can’t figure this out

KSL has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Looks like they have 33 properties. 31 of them are hotels, mostly on beaches. Owning Blue and Camelback is just a portfolio diversifier for them. I think they are learning the hard way that it's a way different operation than running a hotel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Schif said:

KSL has absolutely no idea what they are doing. Looks like they have 33 properties. 31 of them are hotels, mostly on beaches. Owning Blue and Camelback is just a portfolio diversifier for them. I think they are learning the hard way that it's a way different operation than running a hotel. 

But they did keep Jim on staff and supposedly promoted him, so he should have a clue on how to run the mountain (hopefully by now!).  However, he may be being met with resistance on how it *should* be run.  Who knows?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Pretty sure KSL and Alterra are in bed together.  or Partners.  or, really good friends or something.  Check it out.  

one thing i will say in the positive is, they were spraying snow this morning.  Thats a pretty ballsy move considering 2" of rain or whatever.  Or, maybe they didnt look at the forecast for today.  take your pick.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

one thing i will say in the positive is, they were spraying snow this morning.  Thats a pretty ballsy move considering 2" of rain or whatever.  Or, maybe they didnt look at the forecast for today.  take your pick.  

I noticed that too when I checked the cams this morning.

Wondering what other trails, if any, they were spraying?

13 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Lotta resort owners in this thread

Running a business is running a business.  

Make customers happy.  they come back.  its really pretty fucking simple dude.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Schif said:

That's one small thing that KSL strives for. 

image.thumb.png.ae9bf66d44e56f9c8337a72ff1fc2af6.png

When I departed their Camelback property after the massive Powder Day, my spirits, hopes and dreams were crushed thanks to KSL Resorts.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Running a business is running a business.  

Make customers happy.  they come back.  its really pretty fucking simple dude.  

KSl/Alterra is literally a property company, they exist to make loot off of the property they own but lots and lots of that property only has value because of skiing. DV has lots of nice shit but no way everyone is driving all the way up there past 9000 other places if there is no skiing or it really sucks hairy ball sack.

You can sell $30 lobster rolls because one they are fucking delicious and two because their groomers which their clientele is after are fucking immaculate and even more importantly the entire experience from the time they show up to they leave is generally quite good.  

I've skied at blue for like a decade now in the winter it's more my home than my home but if everytime I show up it's a zoo I'd ski elsewhere. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I've skied at blue for like a decade now in the winter it's more my home than my home but if everytime I show up it's a zoo I'd ski elsewhere. 

I hate to say it but if and when they go full icon it’s gonna happen. We’re already seeing it. Nights are overrun with school groups and people apparently throwing snowballs from the lift, the masses plus the race team have take over weekends and weekdays are becoming more crowded. Mission accomplished for them. Sucks for us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You still got some nice runs in. 

They were ok, but I was expecting ungroomed, empty champaign powder runs like that amazing morning in Steamboat with @enjoralas and @pops. Still my best ski day ever. Those 5 runs at Camelback weren't quite as amazing.

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I’ve thought about that, as well. Only problem is where would you go locally? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I'm not sure a blue season pass will be an automatic buy for me this year as it has been in the past. Probably will but idk. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

No idea, they have us who come from the SW in a bind but its more to shadows point that nobody will put up with endless shenanigans. 

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback

I would take up coin collecting before camel

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1