the pics from today thread

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

The hike up to the Highland bowl was so crowded yesterday that they looked like a trail of ants. To the left is the Highland Bowl. To the right is Maroon Bowl (out of bounds). Check out that massive slide. The whole face slid yesterday. Can you imagine walking up the spine of the bowl and seeing the slide to your right and knowing that you are going to be safe skiing to the left?

541508_728482024433_344434460_n.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.5 hrs - mellow pace and mid fifties temps = not real tired or sweaty. a little gritty but nothing a washcloth, a bit of derodiant and a fresh shirt can't handle. that beers gonna taste real good when i get home tonight though

you average 12 mph on a mountain bike ride?

edit: nevermind...was that on a road or paved path?

Edited by jordan

you average 12 mph on a mountain bike ride?

edit: nevermind...was that on a road or paved path?

combination rail trail (compacted screenings/gravel) and road. i think the bike computer listed avg as 13+. i use the old hardtail as my "road" ride and do a bunch of rail trail riding in the valley and at the beach. i typically use 10mph for planning purposes including stops for pictures, baked goods and beers. longest rides have been 50 mi on D&L & cape may/stone harbor loops but it's a little rough tho, one of these days i'll ditch 'er for a cyclocross bike