1/20-1/21…weekend roll call thread.

Hey all,

Its another weekend and we’ve had two snowfalls this week and some cold air.  Is anybody planning on skiing or riding Blue mountain the true mountain?  I make my triumphant return to Blue the true tomorrow after a six day break.  I don’t know if I’m skiing Sunday but can’t let this good snow go to waste and my foot has been healing all week.  Gonna be mad brick..I might have to go into the lodge to get my boots off.  

Oh and people thinking the cold will scare people away, you have to be joking.  A predict it will be really crowded this weekend but if they can keep all three high speeds going, shouldn’t be long liftlines first two hours.  

Time to set my alarm. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Judging by the crowds today it's gonna be a very busy weekend probably moreso than MLK.  I may show up to check out the fresh parks early and skedaddlep shortly after.

There will be a lot of people going out their first day of the season tomorrow.  I think this is the longest break I’ve had from Blue in the last 20 years that I wasn’t away and they weren’t closed.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'll be skiing on Sunday and hoping to do a quick turnaround on a ski tune before heading off to JH.  

I feel like you’re doing something with the ski shop every visit.  At this point prob going to JH with untuned skis..no different than last year or the previous year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel like you’re doing something with the ski shop every visit.  At this point prob going to JH with untuned skis..no different than last year or the previous year.  

Who needa edges in fresh pow pow 🤔:rock

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve barely needed edges this season at Blue…and still at unsettled pattern..wax is good for cold slow snow though and sticky spring snow.  

I wax my sticks every 2-3 days out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Praying it’s not as windy at blue as it is up here right now.

Wind was howling through the woods all night, thought the same.
Upper back kinda sore from a lot of pushing into the wind yesterday.