the pics from today thread

Justin

8 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Should we open up a birding thread?

You'll get nothing from me. We learned a few years ago to put that all away once the bears wake up. 

The camera is cool tho. We've thought about it. 

18 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Should we open up a birding thread?

IMG_8475.thumb.jpeg.7ea7d63d6afe80f61922d83bbd72a2ef.jpeg

Feel free..to start a bird thread.  I’ve read and watched videos on all sorts of birds..you’d probably enjoy this maybe for a little day trip with your wife and have lunch in Allentown or emmaus   

https://www.visitpa.com/region/lehigh-valley/wildlands-conservancy-pool-wildlife-sanctuary

What kind of bird is this.  

6B6D08E8-AF46-4159-81DE-26A8B0E4C75F.webp

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Feel free..to start a bird thread.  I’ve read and watched videos on all sorts of birds..you’d probably enjoy this maybe for a little day trip with your wife and have lunch in Allentown or emmaus   

https://www.visitpa.com/region/lehigh-valley/wildlands-conservancy-pool-wildlife-sanctuary

Scarlet Tanager.  Occasionally visit the yard. Haven’t been to the wildlife sanctuary, have to stop in sometime.

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Take it to the bird thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’ve only seen one in my life. On the D&L, near Glen Onoko 

Don’t see them too often, but hear them in the woods a lot. They have a ‘chick   bree’  alarm call. Looks like they are closing the D&L near White Haven for 4 years to replace the I 80 bridge. 

Thanks for the heads up about D&L closure. Starting soon? I wonder if D&L open yet near Seven Tubs. And that I80 bridge definitely needs to be redone. We had to seek refuge from torrential rain under there a couple years ago, sketchy as hell, concrete falling apart and exposed rebar everywhere. 

Nuts that it ran right into one of the towers/pilings. Wonder if they lost rudder or something. Loss of life obviously the most pressing concern, but that's also going to change daily life in the entire Baltimore area significantly for quite some time. Obviously forces even more traffic through the two tunnels, but also much more the long way around the west side of the beltway, due to the tunnel-restricted loads that would have used the Key Bridge instead now all having to take that route.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Nuts that it ran right into one of the towers/pilings. Wonder if they lost rudder or something. Loss of life obviously the most pressing concern, but that's also going to change daily life in the entire Baltimore area significantly for quite some time. Obviously forces even more traffic through the two tunnels, but also much more the long way around the west side of the beltway, due to the tunnel-restricted loads that would have used the Key Bridge instead now all having to take that route.

Bunch of videos out show the entire ship going dark, then recovering, then going dark again.
Surprising that they don't have tugs to direct these monsters until they're safely out of the harbor, but also heard they had a harbor pilot aboard taking the ship out, but if the ship loses power...

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So many conspiracy theories on FB. I legit think it was an accident. 

Feel free to tell the conspiracy theorists that the ship did call in a mayday and the police were able to cut off traffic just in time. You can actually see the traffic stop in one of the videos. Unfortunately the construction workers weren’t able to get off which is terrible. But the mayday call and the Baltimore police saved a lot of lives.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 4