Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

4 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Phillipi, West Virginia (takeout for the  whitewater section of the Tygart River gorge)  is pronounced like it is in the New Testament epistle, not like it is in the Greek city.

I have no idea how either is pronounced. The last time I went white water rafting was on the Ocoee river in Tennessee. Pronounced O-Coy. Not to be confused with the Chattahoochee where it gets hotter than a hoochie coochie.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have no idea how either is pronounced. The last time I went white water rafting was on the Ocoee river in Tennessee. Pronounced O-Coy. Not to be confused with the Chattahoochee where it gets hotter than a hoochie coochie.  

Ocoee bus a nice river. Atlanta Olympics for whitewater events was held there. They built a nice visitor center with a lot of Olympic memorabilia in it. Unfortunately, it burned down not too long ago. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Love this song!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thunder and lightening or BLM protests???

Transformers blowing and trees falling.  Also shout to the assholes putting the firemen’s lives at risk by driving into flood waters in places that flood literally every heavy rainstorm, yet people still drive into them and get stuck 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Transformers blowing and trees falling.  Also shout to the assholes putting the firemen’s lives at risk by driving into flood waters in places that flood literally every heavy rainstorm, yet people still drive into them and get stuck 

Holy crap. Still have power here, I am starting to worry about the 2 huge oak trees next to our house. They’re healthy, but I’m not sure how much more ground soaking they can take. Not sure what’s happening on the roads- we’re not going anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Holy crap. Still have power here, I am starting to worry about the 2 huge oak trees next to our house. They’re healthy, but I’m not sure how much more ground soaking they can take. Not sure what’s happening on the roads- we’re not going anywhere. 

Ya the first responders have a ton going on right now unfortunately 

IMG_0539.thumb.png.f671c9c2e94614e6b61c202121f17020.png

11 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

G.Carlson Blvd, 1 & creek road by hanks place, whiteford road and creamery road…. Same shit every storm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah I heard this morning. What I'm even more baffled by is the fact that we have something called "Tippmann Castle" in the neighborhood. 20 years and I've never heard of it 

That's the big castle you try to either defend or attack at Skirmish Paintball. I only went there once but it was fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Falling trees. Outage #12 or 13 ? And the night is still young.. Kudos to PPL they got me back on in 4 hrs 

Lost 12:51am, restored 10:00am...

Lost Astound for a while too, but they got it back up 10:30am.

Ash came down in the back, but instead of just breaking off top limbs, the whole thing uprooted.
Luckily it wasn't a very tall one and missed hitting anything.
Heard the crash early this morning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Lost 12:51am, restored 10:00am...

Lost Astound for a while too, but they got it back up 10:30am.

That's about right, lol. Cableco has to wait for poco to finish before they can do their work when there are lines down

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

That's about right, lol. Cableco has to wait for poco to finish before they can do their work when there are lines down

Not sure if the two were related, but makes sense.

Went out for coffee early and did the loop where power lines usually are down, nothing.
Then on another street saw a PPL truck stopped on the side of the road.

Later the Astound truck was a pedestal at the end of the cul-de-sac.
When I called them, they wanted to roll a truck at my charge, wrong!  Agent! Agent! Operator!